The Amelia Island Light is a lighthouse located on the north end of Amelia Island at the mouth of the St. Mary's River. It was built in 1838 using materials taken from the former Cumberland Island lighthouse in Georgia. The Cumberland Island lighthouse had been built in 1820. The lighthouse marks the entrance to Nassau Sound and the harbor for Fernandina Beach, Florida.
amelia islandamelia island lighthousefloridaislandlightlight stationlighthouse