Georges Island Lighthouse, Halifax harbor, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. First lighthouse erected in 1876. The current lighthouse, erected in 1917, is an octagonal concrete structure surmounted by an aluminum lantern. The tower is painted white and the lantern red. There is a fluorescent red vertical stripe as a daymark on the south side which faces the mouth of the harbour.